Wyoming Drivers' License Test 2020 - FREE Practice!
Wyoming Driver's Licnese Info & Resources:
- Wyoming Driver's License And State ID
- Wyoming Department of Motor Vehicles
- Wyoming DMV Regional Office Locations - regional service centers, office hours and addresses.
- Wyoming DMV Related Forms and Applications
- Wyoming Motor Vehicle Registration
- Moving to Wyoming, Non Resident Motorists
- Official Wyoming State Website
Wyoming Driver license classesClass A
- The Class A license is the highest class issued. It authorizes operation of any lawful vehicle or combination of vehicles, including all "B" and "C" class vehicles except
- The Class B license authorizes operation of any single vehicle, except motorcycles, including all vehicles within Class C.
The Class C license authorizes operation of a single vehicle or combination of vehicles, except motorcycles, with a GVWR less than 26,001 pounds or any such vehicle towing another which does not have a GVWR in excess of 10,000 pounds.
- The class "M" license is issued solely for the operation
of motorcycles and mopeds.
License TestsVision screening
- A person must have 20/40 acuity with both eyes, either with or without glasses, and a combined horizontal field vision of at least 120 degrees to meeting Wyoming vision standards for operating a motor vehicle.
- A written test covering the rules of the road and safe driving practices may be required. Questions are taken from the information in the driver license manual. The test includes:
(1) identification of traffic signs by shape, color or symbol;
(2) identification of signals and pavement markings; and
(3) correct answers to multiple choice questions about traffic laws, safety rules, crash prevention and vehicle equipment.
Applicants for a driver's license are allowed to take the written test twice in one day; however, if an excessive amount of questions are missed, they
will have to wait until the following business day to retake the written test. All tests are given in English only, so if a person cannot speak or write the English language, an interpreter may be used. Oral tests are available, but the applicant must request one prior to taking the test.
On the Road Driving Skills Test
- First time applicants, who have never been licensed in this or any other state, are required to pass a skills test consisting of safe driving maneuvers. Applicants are not asked to do anything against the law. Others situations may require a driver to pass a driving test to demonstrate their driving ability. Applicants that fail are required to wait 24 hours before testing again. Applicants who miss 13 or more must wait three days to be retested.