Washington DC Drivers' License Test 2020 - FREE Practice!
Washington DC Driver's Licnese Info & Resources:
- Washington DC Driver's License And State ID
- Washington DC Department of Motor Vehicles
- Washington DC DMV Regional Office Locations - regional service centers, office hours and addresses.
- Washington DC DMV Related Forms and Applications
- Washington DC Motor Vehicle Registration
- Moving to Washington DC, Non Resident Motorists
- Info for Washington DC DMV Teen Drivers
- Official Washington DC State Website
Requirements Of Obtaining a Washington DC Driver License
Anyone who operates a motor vehicle or motorcycle on public roadways in the
District of Columbia is required to have a driver license. You are required to have
a DC driver license within 30 days of moving to the District of Columbia.
You may obtain a DC driver license if you:
• Are at least 17 years old (learner permit at age 16);
• Are able to submit proof of full legal name, date of birth, social security number and DC residency;
• Have successfully completed the knowledge test, skills road test and vision screening;
• Have parental/guardian consent if under age 18;
• Surrender any driver license or identification card previously held;
• Have not had your license suspended, revoked, or denied;
• Comply with medical requirements;
• Have no outstanding debt to the District of Columbia or unpaid fines for moving traffic violations in other jurisdictions.
Washington DC Driving Knowledge Examination
The driver license knowledge examination can be taken at any DMV service center. The examination is available in English, Spanish, French, Vietnamese, Korean and Chinese. The examination is also available in audio or visual with touch screen response. The official examination will be a computerized test consisting of 25 questions. A passing score consist of at least 20 correct answers (80%). There will be a $10 fee charged each time you take the knowledge test.
The driver license knowledge written test is designed to check your knowledge of traffic laws, rules of the road, motor vehicle laws, and safe driving practices. The information on which you will be tested is all in the Driver's guide.
Driver License Knowledge Written Test Sample Questions
1. If a traffic signal light is green and a police officer signals you to stop, you should:
A. Obey the traffic officer
B. Obey the traffic signal
C. First obey the traffic officer, then the signal
D. Do what the vehicle in front of you does
2. The best way to tell if you are permitted to pass other vehicles is to see if:
A. There is a green flashing light
B. The road ahead is straight
C. The vehicle ahead signals that it is OK to pass
D. There are solid or broken lane markings
3. When on a short entrance to an interstate where there is no acceleration lane:
A. Enter the far right traffic lane and speed up to the flow of traffic there
B. Use the shoulder of the main road to get up to the speed of the traffic
C. Speed up on the entrance only after you have found a gap in traffic
Correct answers are : 1-A, 2-D, 3-C
Important Remarks About Washington DC Driver Knowledge Test
If you fail the driver knowledge test 6 times within a 12 month period, you will not be allowed to take the 7th test until 12 months after the 1st failed test.
If you fail the driver knowledge test, you must wait 72 hours before you are eligible to retest.
Driver Knowledge Test Time limits
NCDL – 40 minutes,
GRAD – 50 minutes,
Motorcycles – 40 minutes,
CDL General Knowledge – 60 minutes,
CDL Endorsements – 40 minutes.
Exceeding these time limits will result in a test failure.