South Dakota Drivers' License Test 2018 - FREE Practice!
South Dakota Driver's Licnese Info & Resources:
- South Dakota Driver's License And State ID
- South Dakota DMV Publications - Driver's Handbook, Guide, Manual, Highway Code.
- South Dakota Department of Motor Vehicles
- South Dakota DMV Regional Office Locations - regional service centers, office hours and addresses.
- South Dakota DMV Related Forms and Applications
- South Dakota Motor Vehicle Registration
- Moving to South Dakota, Non Resident Motorists
- Info for South Dakota DMV Teen Drivers
- Official South Dakota State Website
Who Can't Get A South Dakota Driver License?
• Persons under 14 years of age.
• Persons who have a license or driving privilege withdrawn in South Dakota or any other State.
• Persons who have accumulated child support arrearages of $1,000 or more. (These people will be issued one 6 month temporary.)
• Persons present illegally in the U.S.
• Persons who have been determined medically or psychologically unfit to drive.
Types of Driver Licenses
Restricted Minor's Permit
Motorcycle Instruction Permit
Motorcycle Restricted Minor's Permit
Motorcycle Operator's License
Class [A] License - Combination Vehicles
Class [B] License - Heavy Straight Vehicles
Class [C] License - Small Vehicles
License TestsVision Test
- If you wear glasses or contact lenses while taking the vision test, you will be required to wear them whenever driving. If you do not pass the vision test, you must present a statement from an Optometrist or Ophthalmologist certifying that you possess the visual ability to drive safely before continuing the examination process.
- You will be required to pass a test covering the rules of the road and safe driving practices.
- This test will provide you the opportunity to demonstrate your ability to safely operate a motor vehicle. The driving test consists of normal driving tasks. You will not be asked to do anything against the law.
If you fail any of the tests, you may not re-test before the next working day. You may wait longer
if you want more time to study the driver manual or to practice driving. You are allowed 3 opportunities to test for each fee paid within a 6-month period. After 3 failures in the 6-month period, the fee would need to be repaid.